Drury South Crossing and the Stevenson Group
The Drury South Crossing project is designed to complement the Drury Quarry which has been owned and operated by the Stevenson Group since 1939. Drury South Crossing project does not involve expanding the quarry zone.
Conversely, it proposes to reduce the western edge of the quarry zone, which would become part of the new industrial area. The Drury Quarry is regionally significant resource. It presently supplies approximately one-third of Auckland’s aggregate and has a remaining operating life in excess of 150 years. As demand for aggregate increases so will the number of truck movements to and from the quarry. There is also likely to be more truck movements outside peak traffic times to avoid increased motorway congestion. A key concern for the quarry is the increasing amount of rural residential development in the area and the growing conflict between land uses.